2 Farm Supervisors
Employer: JAGROOP S DHALIWAL
Title of Position: 2 Farm Supervisors
Terms of employment: Full-time, year-round work
Work Locations: 10613 59 Avenue, Delta, BC V4K 3N3
• Check and monitor for pests such as worms, moths, caterpillars, snails, and slugs.
• Watch for poorly drained areas in the field
• Check and monitor for soil moisture.
• Sample berries from each field to assess fruit rot levels
• Monitor for weeds and control as needed
• Coordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers
• Supervise the growing and harvesting operations of the fruits, vegetables, and flowers
• Make work schedules for the farm worker
• Report quantity of the crops harvested by weight
• Train general farm workers on farm duties
• Organize the planting and maintenance of the flower nursery
• Implement the established environmental conditions required to grow flowers in the nursery and supervise the planting care schedule, as instructed by the farm manager
• Other general farm duties as assigned.
Wages: $18.00/hr. for 40 hrs. per week
Work Setting: On-farm, Delta, BC
Contact Information: Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line that you are applying for “Farm Supervisor”
• Minimum of 1 year farming experience is required
• Completion of Secondary Education is required
• Ability to communicate in English
• Heavy lifting required.
• Ability to work long hours, early mornings and weekends are required.
• Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions.
Required languages: Ability to communicate in English is required
Education level: Completion of Secondary Education required
Required skills: Please see the Job Description
Closest intersection: Intersection of 59 Avenue and 104 Street