3 Logistic Supervisors
Young Guns Container Crew (See http://www.ygcc.ca) at 3400 39 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 7J4 need for 3 full time and permanent Logistic Supervisors.
Young Guns Container Crew are a high-performance business specialising in the unloading and loading of shipping containers. The company is comprised of a bunch of hard-working talented individuals who form our dream team. They pride themselves not just in the work they do but in the manner in which the carry out their affairs and their continued ability to recruit the best of the best. If you want to be part of a young, growing company and up for the rewarding but challenging prospects ahead of them, they would love to meet you!
• Assist the Container logistics team members with the unpacking and packing of containers at various sites across the Calgary area.
• Ensure all paperwork accurately reflects the unload/load stock
• Perform all material handling activities such as counting, labelling, weighing, sorting packing and unpacking
• Assign crew members to the various containers/trailers presented daily
• Co-ordinate with clients to ensure their daily workload is handled effectively and efficiently
• Liaise with the client to ensure the correct number of container crew are allocated to fulfill the clients daily unpack requirements
• Meet with the client bi-weekly onsite to discuss all safety concerns, container allocations, service levels
• Resolve work problems and recommend improvements to improve productivity to management
• Train and mentor all new crew members to fulfill their on-site duties and understand all safety procedure
• Review and give appropriate, relevant feedback to the completed work of each container crew
• Establish work schedules and procedures, always ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are adhered to
• Prepare and report periodic progress review for management s to ensure all Key Performance Indictors (KPI) are met
• Ensure team members follow the Health and Safety rules
• Embody the values of Young Guns by demonstrating and communicating the values of the company
• Understand & Train team on all our systems
• Appropriately steward all company equipment and machinery and inform management when repairs are needed
• Train container crew in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
• Requisition supplies and materials
• Team Player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident or Foreign National with appropriate open work permit
• Able to lift up to 50lb unassisted
• Must have several 1-2 years of container packing and unpacking experience
• Must have Grade 12 or Equivalent
• Must have WHIMS (or be willing to obtain)
• Forklift Certified (or be willing to obtain)
• Must be willing to work on and travel to all our sites
• Willing to relocate
• Fluent in English
Wages and Benefits
Wage ranges vary depending on level of experience, allocated site, productivity (number of containers loaded or unloaded) and size of the containers.
The wage is contingent on the productivity model that rewards and incentivises supervisors to increase production to earn more.
The wage will be $27 per hour
Hours worked will be 30 – 40 hours per week.
Extended Benefits available to all Logistic Supervisors after successful completion of their probationary period and if they are in possession of an active Health Card.
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Three references confirming your experience to meet the requirements outlined above
• Please find a summary of the book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey: https://www.oberlo.ca/blog/7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-by-stephen-covey-summary. Explain which of the 7 factors you identify with and provide relevant examples to support your selection.
• A motivation letter in which you explain why you would be a suitable applicant
Failure to provide all the information would indicate that you did not read the advertisement or that you cannot follow instructions. Failure to comply would result in your application not to be considered as it is incomplete.
Required languages: English
Education level: High School Completion
Required skills: • Team Player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude • Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident or Foreign National with appropriate open work permit • Able to lift up to 50lb unassisted • Must have several 1-2 years of container packing and unpacking experience • Must have Grade 12 or Equivalent • Must have WHIMS (or be willing to obtain) • Forklift Certified (or be willing to obtain) • Must be willing to work on and travel to all our sites • Willing to relocate • Fluent in English
Closest intersection: 39 Ave North East