YORK1 – Hiring Roll Off Drivers!
- Type: Full Time
- City: North York
- Wage ($/hr): $29.50/Hour
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2023-02-06
- Application Deadline: 2023-08-08
- Job ID: 141180223
- Job Category: Construction
- Views: 25
- Retrieved on: 2023 March 24 01:52:28 AM EDT
Website York1 Waste Solutions Ltd.
York1 Employees, whether they work at one of our project sites or at head office, play an important role in helping us achieve our mission. We provide exceptional services and innovative solutions through our infrastructure and environmental divisions to some of the largest commercial and residential projects across the GTA and Southern Ontario. We are driven by our responsibility to foster excellence and a safe work environment while maintaining productivity and an environmentally responsible workplace. Excellence in the management of our projects is a fundamental corporate responsibility and part of the York1 way of doing business.
Company Operating Name: York1 Waste Solutions Ltd. o/a York1
Business Address: 5090 Commerce Blvd, Suite 200, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5M4
Work Address: 48 Millwick Drive, North York, Ontario, M9L 1Y3
Position Title: Roll Off Driver (NOC 73300)
Available Positions: Two (2)
Start Dated: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent Position – Full time
• Mornings, daytime, and some overtime
• Wages – Starting at $29.50/hour for 37.5 – 40 hours per week,
• Benefits – Short Term Incentive Plan, Company’s Benefit Plan, and Group Insurance – available after successfully completing probation.
Job Description, Responsibilities and Duties:
The Roll Off Driver will be responsible for driving, inspecting, and managing disposal routes as dispatched. The role will be required to manage a roll off bin and ensure the safe and effective operation of the truck.
• Perform routine safety circle check inspection,
• Drive Roll Off Trucks along designated commercial routes to collect various waste and construction debris,
• Transport debris to a designated transfer station for disposal
• Responsible for inspecting and ensuring the safety of the drop off area’s’,
• Operate hand tarp effectively and efficiently ensuring no debris exits the bins,
• Ensure compliance with all transportation laws and procedures,
• Provide great customer service to both internal and external customers,
• Report immediately any unsafe situations,
• Responsible to attend and complete and mandatory training and team meetings, and
• Timely reports of any containers and bin in need of repair or replacement.
Skill / Experience Requirements:
• Secondary (High) School is an asset.
• Two (2) years of experience as a Roll-Off Driver.
• Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Possesses a valid and up to date driver’s license.
• Strong technical aptitude.
Email: SBarker@york1.com or Fax: 647.723.0432
When applying for this position, please use Reference# YROD2!
Required languages: Engish
Education level: Secondary (High) School is an asset
Required skills: Two (2) years of experience as a Roll-Off Driver
Closest intersection: Millwick Drive & Milvan Drive