General manager, sales – trade, broadcasting and other services
Location Calgary, AB T3C 0Z8
Salary $46.04 / hour
Vacancies 1 vacancy
Terms of employment Permanent employment, Full time 30 to 40 hours / week
Start date As soon as possible
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
Ability to Supervise: Staff in various areas of responsibility
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure, Attention to detail
Personal Suitability: Excellent oral communication, Team player, Organized
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Office
Senior Managers Specific Skills
– Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
– Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing banking relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
– Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
– Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
– Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
– Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
– Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
– Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
– Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
How to apply
1504 16 Ave SW
Required languages: English
Education level: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Required skills: N/A
Closest intersection: N/A