TOLOCO TOURS INC
Location: Banff, AB
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 30 hours per week
Vacancies: 2 Vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Terms of Employment: Term or contract (6-month contract), Full time
Expected Start Date: May 1, 2024
Benefits: Staff accommodation provided; Employee Discount
Employment conditions: Overtime, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night
– Ability to communicate in English and in Japanese orally and in writing is required;
– No degree, certificate or diploma is required;
– No specific credentials are required;
– No previous experience as a tour guide is required. (Training will be provided.).
– Confirm transportation and accommodation reservations;
– Collect administration or entrance fees;
– Coordinate recreation activities for Japanese tourists;
– Drive Japanese tourists to tourist spots, and explain the ecosystem while introducing alpine plants, etc;
– Describe points of interest in Japanese;
– Resolve itinerary and other problems by communicating with Japanese tourists in Japanese;
– Attend to hotel, airport, train and other check-in and check-out procedures.
– Transportation/ Travel Information: You will be required to travel regularly, and a valid driver’s license is also required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
– You are expected to effectively deal with work under pressure and repetitive tasks with attention to detail.
– The duties of a Tour guide are physically demanding, which requires standing for extended periods, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
Work Location Information: Lake Louise, Moraine Lake & Yoho National Park, Columbia Icefields, Calgary Airport as well as various locations in Alberta including rural area and remote locations depending on tours provided
Job location: 244 Jasper Way, Banff, AB T1L 1A5
– Work Site Environment: Outdoors;
– Tours Focus: Sightseeing, Walking tours;
– Type of Guide: Driver-guide, local, Walking tour guide.
How to apply:
By email:[email protected]
Required languages: Ability to communicate in English and in Japanese orally and in writing is required
Education level: No degree, certificate or diploma is required
Required skills: No specific credentials are required; No previous experience as a tour guide is required. (Training will be provided.)
Closest intersection: Jasper Way and Glacier Drive