The Franworks Group – NOW HIRING Two Kitchen Managers for Original Joe’s in Stony Plain!
- Type: Full Time
- City: Stony Plain, AB
- Wage ($/hr): $18.65 - $21.63/hour
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2022-12-01
- Application Deadline: 2023-06-02
- Job ID: 134621222
- Job Category: Restaurant – Food Service
- Views: 25
- Retrieved on: 2023 May 29 02:26:40 AM EDT
Website Stony Joe’s Restaurant Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar
We are looking for FUN, ENERGETIC and EXPERIENCED individuals in search of a challenging and rewarding career in the Food Services and Hospitality Industry in an exciting and family-oriented work environment that offers competitive wages and room for professional growth.
Here at Franworks we are passionate about providing our guests with amazing food with a superior dining experience each time they visit one of our establishments.
Company Operating Name: Stony Joe’s Restaurant Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Business Address – Location of Work: 220 – 4300 South Park Drive, Stony Plain, Alberta T7Z 2W7
Position Title: Kitchen Manager
Available Positions: Two
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent position – Full-time,
• Morning, day, evening, nights, and weekends – Shift Work,
• Wage: $18.65 – $21.63/hour for 35 – 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities / Main Duties:
• Champion all brand standards, policies, procedures, and best practices in kitchen operations
• Recruit and retain “A” players for all kitchen positions in the restaurant with the assistance of the management team
• Create and/or maintain a positive culture of learning, recognition, doing things right and guest satisfaction
• Conduct and/or monitor thorough opening, changeover, revenue and closing walkthroughs during shifts readiness, adherence to spec, operational standards, food safety and the security of food inventory
• Instill safety, cleanliness, hygiene, and sanitation awareness best practices in the kitchen
• Ensure the training, certification and adherence to all food safety standards and regulations for all kitchen team members
• Conducts kitchen orientations and committed to the training paths for team development in all kitchen positions
• Provide guidance, coaching, and training to the kitchen team resulting in team depth and the development of candidates for future AKM and KM positions
• Assume responsibility for staffing, scheduling, labour, and all Human Resources management including the evaluations and wage recommendations for the kitchen team
• Participate in weekly manager meetings providing feedback on team members for performance reviews, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, terminations and all the appropriate accompanying documentation
• Assume responsibility for the accuracy of all financial information and reporting (food inventory, kitchen tips, kitchen labour)
• Assume complete responsibility for food cost – conduct accurate inventory counts, proper ordering and receiving, calculating costs, managing waste, developing corrective actions plans with reporting schedules and timelines
• Assume complete responsibility for Kitchen labour costs – develop weekly labour forecasts, prepare schedules accurately to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability, and team morale on a weekly basis
• Coordinate and oversee the execution of effective cleaning schedules and repair and preventative maintenance programs for the entire facility and the equipment within it
• Establish operational priorities, facilitate implementation, and delegate responsibilities to Assistant Managers and Supervisors when and where appropriate with effective follow-up
• Participate actively in the daily operations of the kitchen, with appropriate balance in revenue periods and days of the week – be directly involved in food production
• Complete additional duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Regional Kitchen Manager
• Always ensure that all responsibilities listed on the Back of House Key Accountabilities Poster, and personally performed or delegated to qualified and trained personnel
Skill / Experience Requirements:
• 1 – 2 Years Culinary experience with a minimum of One (1) year in Kitchen Management (Preferred), or a combination of relevant education and experience are required.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline would be an asset.
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to adapt to new situations.
• An intense sense of employee morale and engagement, and you must be able to work on any issue that arises.
• An understand of an inventory control system.
• Strong with online and prep cooking.
• The capability to oversee a large staff and manage all situations, accordingly, keeping our core values and ideologies in mind.
• A good attitude and the ability to work with a dynamic management team, with a powerful desire to help grow the business.
• Team Environment
• Standing for long periods of time
• Heavy lifting – up to 50lbs
• Use of potentially dangerous kitchen equipment and training is required
• Use of chemicals on a daily basis.
Email: [email protected]
When applying for this position, please use Reference# SJKMSP2!
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of secondary school is required
Required skills: 1 – 2 Years Culinary experience with a minimum of One (1) year in Kitchen Management (Preferred), or a combination of relevant education and experience are required
Closest intersection: South Park Drive & 43 Ave