Why work for Sofina Foods Inc?
• Competitive salary starting at $36.00 per hour, plus $1 for each additional relevant license
• Base rate pay raises over 2 years (January 1, 2023: $36.50/hr / January 1, 2024: $37.10/hr)
• Overtime opportunities (1.5x rate after 8hrs daily AND on Saturdays / 2x rate on Sundays)
• Company paid pension contributions
• Unionized environment
• Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
• Opportunity to grow within the organization
Language of Work:
Afternoon Shift – 2pm-1230am, Mon to Fri
Sofina Foods Inc. (401 Canarctic Dr. Toronto, ON M3J 2P9)
Full-time, Permanent | 40hrs/week+
• Must have experience operating Refrigeration equipment
• Must have valid 433a license
• 3-5 years experience as a licensed Millwright
• Basic Electrical troubleshooting knowledge required.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Aptitude for quick troubleshooting and diagnosis of problems with machinery, systems, and facilities
• Industrial plant maintenance experience including, but not limited to, the installation, maintenance, repair, and overhaul of conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, rail assemblies, hydraulic assemblies, pneumatic assemblies, and packaging machinery
• Industrial plant maintenance experience
• Must be willing and able to lift and or move materials
• Able to work independently and as a team player
• Highly organized and multitask oriented
• Experience in a computerized environment, PLC, automated equipment
• Experience in a food plant
• Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions
• Repair or replace defective machinery parts
• Fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up
• Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
• Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications, Operate machining tools to fabricate parts, Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs), Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation), Installing machinery and equipment
Sofina Foods is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and food service customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken, and fish products. Our family of brands includes Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher’s, Vienna, Riserva, and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza, and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
Required languages: English
Education level: See Job Description
Required skills: See Job Description
Closest intersection: Keele St. & Steeles Ave.