Why work for Sofina Foods Inc?
• Competitive salary starting at $19.33 per hour
• Base rate pay raises over 2 years (6mos: $0.50/hr, 12mos: $0.50/hr, 18mos: $1.00/hr, 24mos: $1.00/hr)
• Overtime opportunities (1.5x rate after 8hrs daily AND on Saturdays / 2x rate on Sundays)
• Company paid pension contributions
• Unionized environment
• Health & Dental Benefits
• Opportunity to grow within the organization
Language of Work:
Day Shift – 5am-230pm, Mon to Fri
Sofina Foods Inc. (401 Canarctic Dr. Toronto, ON M3J 2P9)
Full-time, Permanent | 40hrs/week+
• Necessary skills to organize and plan and report.
• Necessary skills for verbal and written communication in English.
• Must be able and willing to move heavy equipment and materials for line set up, changes and operation.
• Secondary School Education required (minimum grade 12 preferred).
• Necessary skills for working in a team environment.
• This position requires 100% physical effort entailing standing, lifting and repetitive movements.
• The work environment is wet, damp, and dusty and refrigerated (50 degree F or less).
• Occasionally working in freezer environment. Warm clothing is required.
• The noise level may exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection is mandatory.
• The use of safety rubber boots is mandatory.
• All PPE must be used as required for safety.
• There may be occasional travel between plants.
• This group performs some or all of the following duties:
• Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
• Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
• Feed and unload food, beverage and associated products processing machines
• Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
• Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
• Clean work areas and equipment
• Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
• Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
Sofina Foods is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and food service customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken, and fish products. Our family of brands includes Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher’s, Vienna, Riserva, and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza, and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
Required languages: English
Education level: See Job Description
Required skills: See Job Description
Closest intersection: Keele St. & Steeles Ave.