Schiroso Gluten Free Foods – Looking for Talented and Skilled Cooks!
Website Schiroso Gluten Free Foods
Schiroso Gluten Free Foods is looking for a talented and skilled cook experienced in preparation of Gluten Free meals and sweets. All our food is made from scratch including our breads, pastas, gluten free and vegan dishes.
This opportunity is for a candidate who wants to cook with passion and deliver outstanding food to our patrons. Help us continue to enhance our local food scene in Woodbridge, Ontario and produce the best gluten free food possible. We provide in store products, take out and catering for all types of events, large and small.
Company Operating Name: Schiroso Gluten Free Foods
Business Address: 40 Winges Road, Unit 2, Woodbridge, Ontario L4L 6B2
Position Title: Cook
Available Positions: Two (2)
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent – Full-Time
• Salary: $19.00 per hour
• 6 – 8-hour shifts – 35-40 hours per week– weekends required
• Follow recipes and presentation specifications – For dough, breads, rolls, sweets, pastas, perogies, pizza and other baked products and prepared meals.
• Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently – such as running of baking machinery, such as high-volume mixing machine, ovens, and other equipment to produce large quantities
• Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
• Minimum of six (6) months gluten free food preparation experience is an asset
• High School is an asset
• Hands-on mentality to line work
• Ability to work well with others and under pressure
• Strong work ethic and aptitude to multi – task
• Attitude to learn with a ‘can-do’ approach
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to speak Italian would be an asset however it is not required
• Genuine culinary interest
• Strong knife skills
• Strict adherence to following COVID protocols for safe cooking and food preparation
• must be able to carry 25-35 lbs
Covid protocols are important for our workers and our guests to keep everyone safe and healthy. We have daily staff health checks, mandatory use of PPE’s and scheduled cleaning and sanitation throughout the day.
When applying please use Reference# SGFFWC2!
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of High School is an asset
Required skills: Minimum of six (6) months gluten free food preparation experience is an asset
Closest intersection: Winges Rd & Whitemore Rd