40 hours per week
The Royal Principal Ballet Academy was originally built in 1959 and is located in the center of New Westminster, the royal city of Vancouver, Canada. Founded by Ms. Dolores Kirkwood, it has been a local art academy during the past 50 years.
In 2019, Mr. Xing Liang, the principal dancer of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and the National Ballet of China, became its CEO, and has officially remained opened, not only to bring artistic growth and experience to local families, but also to contribute to the art exchange between China and Canada.
RPBA is renowned for offering top-tier training across a diverse array of dance genres. We are currently on the lookout for a passionate and skilled contemporary dance instructor. The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach various styles, including contemporary dance, contemporary ballet, and classical ballet to different age groups and levels ranging from 6 to 60 years old.
They should also be capable of choreographing both competitive and entertainment-oriented dance routines, as well as participating in performances and organizing shows.
– Provide tailored dance instruction to individuals at various skill levels, from beginners to professionals. Focus on developing technical proficiency while encouraging artistic exploration, ensuring that each student’s unique talents and interests are nurtured and cultivated.
– Lead regular rehearsal and group sessions, providing constructive feedback and personalized coaching to dancers. Utilize a collaborative approach to teach dance techniques, foster creativity, and enhance artistic interpretation. Encourage peer feedback and group interaction to create a dynamic and supportive learning environment.
– Work closely with fellow instructors and students to explore and refine contemporary dance routines, adding their own artistic vision.
– Prepare dancers for performances by emphasizing the nuances of contemporary dance, including the integration of storytelling, emotion, and innovative movement.
– Work closely with dancers preparing for performances, auditions, or competitions. Offer specialized coaching that emphasizes both technical mastery and emotive expression.
– Participate in rehearsals and live performances as a solo artist or as a group member, working collaboratively with fellow dancers, choreographers, and artistic directors.
– Take the lead in conceptualizing and choreographing original dance pieces, whether for solo performances or group collaborations.
– Participate in group training sessions with fellow dancers and fitness professionals, fostering a supportive and motivating environment. Engage in exercises that are tailored to the specific demands of upcoming performances, ensuring that all members of the ensemble meet the required standards of ability and fitness.
Required languages: English
Education level: A University degree or College diploma in dance, performing arts, or a closely related field is required
Required skills: • A University degree or College diploma in dance, performing arts, or a closely related field is required. • A minimum of 2 years of dedicated experience in contemporary dance. • Experience in stage dance performances is required. • Experience in choreographing original dance pieces is a plus. • Ability to collaborate with other artists and contribute creatively to the development of new works. • Maintenance of the required levels of physical ability and fitness to perform complex dance routines. • Strong ability to work effectively as part of a team, contributing positively to group dynamics and collaborative projects. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex dance techniques and artistic concepts to students and collaborators of varying skill levels.
Closest intersection: 511 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1B2, Canada