- Type: Full Time
- City: Abbotsford, BC
- Wage ($/hr): 17.80
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2023-02-23
- Application Deadline: 2023-05-25
- Job ID: 143110223
- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Views: 43
- Retrieved on: 2023 March 24 02:55:34 AM EDT
Website ROSSDOWN NATRUAL FOODS
Company: Rossdown Natural Foods Ltd.
Business Information: Tucked away in British Columbia’s fertile Fraser Valley, Rossdown Natural Foods is dedicated to providing the highest quality chicken and turkey products. We are a fourth-generation family run poultry farm and processor.
Business Address: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC V4X 1E2
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions: 7 Production Labourer
• Transport raw materials finished products and packaging materials throughout plants and warehouses manually or using power equipment.
• Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
• Cuts the poultry into primal cuts for further processing or packaging.
• Measure and portion the meat for the sausage linker machine – food and beverage processing.
• Measures the appropriate seasoning for the various meat marinades.
• Feed and unload food products processing machines
• Hang chickens from the chiller to the sizing line
• Use the scale for weighing large totes of chicken
• Other duties as assigned
– Education: Some secondary school is an asset
– Experience: On-the-job training will be provided. Previous experience working in a food-processing environment is considered an asset, but it is not required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
• Ability to work in a refrigerated environment, fast paced environment, work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Manual dexterity for trimming poultry.
• Must be able to stand 100% of the workday at a moving conveyor line.
• Perform repetitive motion.
• Physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 60 lbs (27kg).
• Basic English is considered an asset.
Personal Suitability: Accurate, Flexibility, Reliability
Weight handling: Up to 27 kg (60 lbs)
Salary: $17.80-$18.80 at 40-45 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Pension plan, Extended medical insurance, Prescription drugs, Medical equipment, Afternoon Premium, Cutting Premium, Employee Milestones, Employee Gift Cards and Discounted Chicken.
Important Information: Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in schedule. Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday start between 6am-10am, will work 8 -10-hour days. Weekend work and overtime will be required depending on the business needs.
Required languages: English
Education level: Some Secondary is an asset
Required skills: Willing to train
Closest intersection: Fraser Highway