Ramen Cook NOC 63200 Cooks
Position: Ramen Cook NOC 63200 Cooks
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employer operating name: Ramen Arashi
Work location: 222-2950 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8T 4N4
a) Pooled tips
b) Discretionary performance bonus
c) Minimum 30 hours per week
d) One free staff meal per shift
e) Uniform (t-shirt, apron, hat) provided
f) Accommodation search:
– Assistance in finding accommodation (i.e., consultation)
– Transportation to prospective accommodation if required.
g) If employee obtains a Food Safe Certificate and is employed with us for one year, then we will be reimbursed them for the course fee.
h) Benefits plan as it exists from time to time
i) All statutory holidays, leave days, and other benefits as described under the BC Employment Standards Act.
2. Fast pace
3. Work under pressure
4. Stand for extended periods
1. Prepare, cook, and plate Ramen Arashi menu items, subject to change from time-to-time or require change to accommodate customer preferences. These dishes include appetizers, Ramen, Tan Men, and Rice Bowls.
2. Provide guidance to kitchen helpers
3. Ensure kitchen follows Ramen Arashi policy standards and health and safety standards during shift
– Report to supervisors and managers all kitchen equipment –
malfunctioning or damage
– All kitchen supply needs in advance of depletion to accommodate ordering and delivery time
4. Clean kitchen and adjacent cooking and preparation spaces
Education: Secondary school graduation
Experience: 6-12 months or more in food service industry
Skills and abilities:
1. Able to carry out above listed duties and tolerate working conditions
3. Team player
5. Basic English
6. Japanese is not required but is an asset to read Japanese product instructions, order from Japanese businesses, and communicate with Japanese-speaking staff.
Contact/how to apply:
To the attention of Allan Nichols
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Ramen Arashi, 222-2950 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8T 4N4
In-person: between 2 pm and 5 pm Ramen Arashi, 222–2950 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8T 4N4
Required languages: English
Education level: Secondary school graduation
Required skills: Able to carry out above listed duties and tolerate working conditions, flexibility, team player, customer-focused, basic English, Japanese is not required but is an asset to read Japanese product instructions, order from Japanese businesses, and communicate with Japanese-speaking staff.
Additional skills / Assets 6-12 months or more in food service industry
Closest intersection: 222-2950 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8T 4N4