- Type: Full Time
- City: Victoria, BC
- Wage ($/hr): $18/hr
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2023-02-28
- Application Deadline: 2023-08-30
- Job ID: 143660223
- Job Category: Restaurant – Food Service
- Views: 43
- Retrieved on: 2023 March 20 02:38:52 PM EDT
Website Ramen Arashi
Start as soon as possible
Employer operating name: Ramen Arashi
Work location/employer business address: 222-2950 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8T 4N4
a) Pooled tips
b) Discretionary performance bonus
c) Minimum 30 hours per week
d) One free staff meal per shift
e) Uniform (t-shirt, apron, hat) provided
f) Accommodation search:
– Assistance in finding accommodation (i.e., consultation)
– Transportation to prospective accommodation if required.
g) If employee obtains a Food Safe Certificate and is employed with us for one year, then we will be reimbursed them for the course fee.
h) All statutory holidays, leave days, and other benefits as described under the BC Employment Standards Act.
i) Benefits plan as it exists from time to time.
2. Fast pace
3. Work under pressure
4. Stand for extended periods
1. Take customers orders from servers
2. Prepare Ramen Topping items using manual and electic appliances.
3. Use Auto fryer and equipment provided to Top Ramen for both dine and and take out customers.
4. Provide completed topped ramen and deep fried items to servers to be delivered to customers (both dine in and take out).
5. Wash work tables and equipment when necessary.
6. Place topping items on all ramen.
7. Prepare plates for Appetizers and work with Noodle Cooker to deep fry items.
8. Plate Appetizers and give to servers.
9. Ensure supplies for ramen toppings are refrigerated and topped up properly.
10. Minor roles (20% server and 20% cook): if required for quality customer service, assist other staff in their roles:
i. Greet Guests as they arrive
ii. Take orders for Appetizers, Drinks and Ramen
iii. Serve Drinks, Appetizers and Ramen as they get prepared
iv. Answer questions from guests
v. Clean tables as guests leave
vi. Move dirty dishes from tables to dish area
vii. assist with doing dishes when necessary
viii. Present bills and accept payment from guests
i. Set up and maintain Ramen Topping area.
ii. Check inventory and record shortages of frozen items to be deep fried.
iii. Clean Ramen Topping area and Deep Fryer
iv. Ensure proper equipment is available to perform Topping tasks.
Education: Secondary school graduation
Experience: No less than one year experience in the food service industry.
Certificates: Serving It Right
Skills and abilities:
1. Able to carry out above listed duties and tolerate working conditions
3. Team player
5. Basic English required to talk to customers
6. Japanese is not required but is an asset to read Japanese product instructions, order from Japanese businesses, and communicate with Japanese-speaking staff.
Contact/how to apply:
To the attention of Allan Nichols
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mail: Ramen Arashi, 222-2950 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8T 4N4
• In-person: between 2 pm and 5 pm Ramen Arashi, 222-2950 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8T 4N4
Required languages: Basic English required, Japanese not required, but an asset.
Education level: Secondary school graduation
Required skills: See above job description
Closest intersection: Please see full address above