Heavy Duty Equipment Technicians
Podolinsky Equipment Ltd. has been proud to support the local community as your local John Deere dealer for 58 years. With the addition of Arctic Cat, Polaris, and a host of other vendors, we are now a one-stop shop for work and play.
We are looking for Heavy Duty Equipment Technicians to perform diagnostics and repairs to a variety of Agricultural & Construction equipment including but not limited to tractors, combine harvesters, seeders, as well as commercial construction equipment. Candidates require a strong work ethic to complete a task efficiently with minimal supervision.
Location: 6057 Petrolia Line, Petrolia, ON N0N 1R0, Canada.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Pay rate: $30.75 per hour
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm (40 – 44 hours per week)
Overtime pay at 1.5 times the employee’s normal rate of pay as per Employment Standards Act of Ontario.
Positions available: Up to three candidates
Working for Podolinsky Equipment Ltd., you can count on:
• Competitive pay
• Health and Dental Benefits
• Employee & Family Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employer Matching Retirement Savings Plan
• Career advancement opportunities
• Advanced training
• Employee Discounts
• Tool Allowance
• Perform diagnostics, repairs, maintenance and set-up of Agricultural & Construction equipment and technology on a variety of brands such as John Deere, JCB, Hagie, etc.
• Responsible for complete and thorough documentation of diagnostics and repairs performed on work orders and on time submittal of information
• Addresses customer concerns and resolve problems effectively and satisfactorily
• Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work order
• Maintains accurate inventory of parts kept in stock in the shop and as used on service work
• Participates in Service Training programs as required for skills and knowledge development
• Maintains condition of mobile service vehicle, trailer, inventory, tools and equipment
• Follows all safety rules & regulations in performing work assignments
• Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
• Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
• College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or equivalent experience
• +2 years of Heavy Equipment service, repair or related experience.
• Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
• Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of equipment
• Proficient with computers
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
• Willingness to maintain or upgrade technical skills when training is necessary
• Passion and commitment to overall growth of the business
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of secondary school and training courses or a vocational program preferred
Required skills: +2 years of Heavy Equipment service, repair or related experience.
Closest intersection: Petrolia Line and Forest Rd.