Pizza Al Forno located at 456 Gorge Rd East, Victoria, BC V8T 2W4, is looking for a cook who is passionate about the Food Service industry. The Cooks will report to the Restaurant Manager. Pizza Al Forno understands that the Cook is an integral part of the back-of-house staff, responsible for assembly, cooking, plating, and garnishing all food products according to Pizza Al Forno’s specifications. We are offering $ 18.00/hr for 40 hrs/wk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cut, slice, chop, dice, and shred vegetables and meats.
• Ensure that meals are prepared promptly following Pizza Al Forno’s recipes, assembly manuals, and charts.
• Ensure that our delivered food meets Pizza Al Forno specifications.
• Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate the number of staff and food amounts required.
• Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and
cleaning schedules during each shift.
• Assure the proper care and maintenance of all the kitchen equipment; identify equipment not in good repair and notify the restaurant manager.
• Ensure food quality by maintaining high cleanliness levels, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
•Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
• Other duties as required.
Please email your resume detailing your education and qualifications to [email protected]
Required languages: English
Education level: • Completion of secondary school and completion of a college or other program in cooking or a minimum of 2 years of commercial cooking experience is required.
Required skills: • Passion for the kitchen and for producing great food every day. • Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in English. • Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends, and holidays. • Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. • Must work well within a restaurant team culture. • Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have strong initiative. • A positive and team-oriented attitude. • You must be able to perform efficiently during high-volume peak periods.
Closest intersection: Victoria, BC