Añejo Restaurant Toronto – Is now hiring Bar Managers!
Website Original Joe's Franchise Group o/a Añejo Restaurant (King St. - Toronto)
Calgary’s favourite Tequila and Mexican food joint is expanding to Toronto! Come and be a part of our growing restaurant in the heart of downtown Toronto, right in the heart of the entertainment district on the busiest streets from restaurants in all of Canada.
The state of Jalisco is the inspiration behind our fresh ceviche, handcrafted margaritas, para la mesa guacamole, and molcjete bowls; both prepared in a traditional lave rock mortar. Spanish for “aged”, Añejo is not just a type of tequila it is a way of paying homage to the roots Mexican culture.
Añejo is the Mexico that you experience when you get off the beaten path. The Mexico filled with tradition and authentic connections, and where stories flow like tequila! And we are looking for professional and enthusiastic Bar Managers who have a passion for hospitality, Mexican Food, and all things tequila.
Legal Business Name/Operating Name: Original Joe’s Franchise Group o/a Añejo Restaurant (King St. – Toronto)
Business and Location of Work Address: 600 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1M3
Position Title: Bar Manager
Available Positions: Four (4)
Start Date: As soon As Possible
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent – Full Time
• Morning, Day, Evening, Night, and Weekend
• Wage – $22.00 – $23.00/hour for 35 – 40 hours per week.
Bar Mangers are charge of the main bar area, you will report to the general manager, but you are in charge of overseeing the other bartenders’ performance and schedules. As a Bar Manager you must also be able to perform the same functions as the other bartenders.
Job Description/Main Duties:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensuring optimal performance by being a presence on the floor to support and lead the team to deliver service excellence, manage shift schedule to control labour costs,
• Help to drive revenue and profit through the development and implementation of strategies, practices, and promotions while in keeping with the overall concept, by understanding the critical cost of liquor cost,
• Execute and implement all national marketing initiatives, local store marketing programs and dining room/bar promotions,
• Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally,
• Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices, and promotions,
• Follow policies, procedures, and service standards to achieve bar and environment cleanliness,
• Complete understanding of routines in the bar, including prep charts, and all bar prep skills,
• All bartending techniques taught and practiced, lead the bar team by demonstrating excellent product knowledge,
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage as outlined in the Health and Safety program,
• Inventory management and bar organization, ordering and receiving, including invoice tracking – conduct weekly inventories to ensure adequate supply of beverages and supplies,
• Conduct and maintain accurate daily records on beer counts, draft usage, waste, inventory, bar costs and P.O.S, and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Language – English is spoken in the workplace; candidates must have good English communication Skills.
• General Education – Completion of high school is required, completion of post-secondary education in a relevant hospitality program will be considered an asset.
• Work Experience – Must have one – two years’ relevant supervisory experience; or a combination of relevant education and supervisory experience in a relevant field.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required with strong problem-solving, organizational and management skills.
• Ability to:
o work in a fast-paced environment, willing to work split shifts when required.
o stand for extended periods of time with some lifting required; and
o manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
Email: [email protected] or Fax: 647-723-0432
When applying please use Reference# ATKBM4!
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of high school is required, completion of post-secondary education in a relevant hospitality program will be considered an asset
Required skills: Must have one – two years relevant supervisory experience; or a combination of relevant education and supervisory experience in a relevant field
Closest intersection: King St. West and Portland Street