Añejo Restaurant Calgary – Is now hiring Bartenders!
- Type: Full Time
- City: Calgary, AB
- Wage ($/hr): $15.00 - $17.00/hour
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2022-12-08
- Application Deadline: 2023-06-09
- Job ID: 135151222
- Job Category: Restaurant – Food Service
- Views: 25
- Retrieved on: 2023 May 29 02:02:39 AM EDT
Website Original Joe’s Franchise Group o/a Añejo Restaurant
Calgary’s favourite Tequila and Mexican food joint is hiring, come and be a part of our growing restaurant!
The state of Jalisco is the inspiration behind our fresh ceviche, handcrafted margaritas, para la mesa guacamole, and molcjete bowls; both prepared in a traditional lave rock mortar. Spanish for “aged”,
Añejo is not just a type of tequila it is a way of paying homage to the roots Mexican culture.
Añejo is the Mexico that you experience when you get off the beaten path. The Mexico filled with tradition and authentic connections, and where stories flow like tequila! And we are looking for professional and enthusiastic Cooks who have a passion for hospitality, Mexican Food, and all things tequila.
Legal Business Name/Operating Name: Original Joe’s Franchise Group o/a Añejo Restaurant (6750 – 4th Street)
Business and Location of Work Address: 2116 4 St SW #2, Calgary, Alberta, T2S 1W7
Position Title: Bartender
Available Positions: Two (2)
Start Date: As soon As Possible
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent – Full Time
• Morning, Day, Evening, Night and Weekend
• Wage – $15.00 – $17.00/hour for 35 – 40 hours per week.
Job Description / Main duties:
• Maximize guest experience and restaurant profitability by creating a personable and comfortable environment for guests and maximizing efficiency and quality of service.
• Be responsible for taking orders, serving food and beverages to the guests.
• Be responsible for making drinks to company mandated spec and standard.
• Be responsible for cleaning and closing the bar under the direction of management.
• Be responsible for completing daily work assignments as delegated by management.
• Be responsible for following mandated company standards, policies, and strategies.
• Maintain good personal hygiene.
• Maintain a professional relationship with guests.
• Manage direct reporting to management regarding basic restaurant operations and inventory, or any issues with guest experiences.
• Create a positive, welcoming environment for all guests.
• Ensure company mandated advertisement is being accurately presented (Feature menus, Sandwich boards, happy hour etc.)
• Ensure cleanliness of the restaurant by coordinating with management and support staff.
• Be responsible for complying with local health and safety codes, as well as safe liquor service.
• Be responsible for communicating to management team, and serving staff regarding intoxicated guests, and promoting proper actions to ensure safety of the guests.
• Live our core value: Taking Care of People.
Skills / Requirements:
• Language – English is spoken in the workplace, candidates must have good English communication Skills.
• Education – Completion of High School is an asset.
• Work experience – One (1) year serving or creating drinks in high-volume setting.
• Knowledge of liquor, wine, beer, cocktails and mocktails.
• Work Site Environment – Fast pace and high pressure.
• You are a genuine, personable, vibrant, and team-oriented individual.
• You pride yourself on your customer service skills, your ability to make people feel at home, your reliability, and your ability to “keep upbeat” even during the busiest shifts.
• You are solution focused and resourceful – you think on your feet effectively to find resolutions to situations.
• You manage time effectively through planning and multitasking without skipping a beat.
• You are a great communicator, both in person and on the phone/online.
• You are easily coachable and see feedback as an opportunity to keep improving your skills and abilities.
Email: [email protected] or Fax: 647-723-0432, When applying please use Reference# AYYBC2!
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of High School is an asset
Required skills: One (1) year serving or creating drinks in high-volume setting
Closest intersection: 4 St SW & 22 Ave SW