Attention all Restaurant Managers – Let’s say “Hello” to your next opportunity at OJ’s Duncan!
- Type: Full Time
- City: Duncan, BC
- Wage ($/hr): $22.50/Hour
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2022-11-08
- Application Deadline: 2023-05-10
- Job ID: 132151122
- Job Category: Restaurant – Food Service
- Views: 28
- Retrieved on: 2023 April 01 03:20:14 PM EDT
Website OJ’s Duncan Restaurant Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar
If you are looking for a job that is all about a down-to-earth vibe, good times, and great food, then we have the job for you. Here at Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar, we are a very hardworking group of people dedicated to serving the best experience for our guests in a bar-next-door kind of place. Where old friends gather, new friends are made, and everyone feels welcome.
Join us and see how being yourself can take your career to exciting new places.
Company Operating Name: OJ’s Duncan Restaurant Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar
Company/Location of Work Address: 361 Trans Canada Hwy, Unit 9, Duncan, BC, V9L 3R5
Title of Position: Restaurant Manager
Positions Open: Two (2)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent Position – Full-time
• Weekends, mornings, daytime hours, evenings, and nights
• Wage Starting at $22.50/hour for 40 hours per week.
This position will challenge your leadership values, commitment to service excellence, accountability for daily operational processes and acute attention for detail. You will be responsible for creating a positive and energetic work environment and highly value the importance of creating a strong relationship with the Owner/Operators.
Job Description/Main Duties:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensuring optimal performance by being a presence on the floor to support and lead the team to deliver service excellence, manage shift schedule to control labour cost,
• Help to drive revenue and profit through the development and implementation of strategies, practices, and promotions while in keeping with the overall concept, by understanding the critical cost of liquor cost,
• Execute and implement all national marketing initiatives, local store marketing programs and dining room/bar promotions,
• Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally,
• Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices, and promotions,
• Takes an active role in service during all operating hours and uphold the Original Joe’s commitment to quality in service,
• Resolves customer complaints and staff conflicts,
• Maintain/support the high standard of quality represented in our Food and Beverage programs, which includes developing product knowledge through ongoing training through seminars and tasting,
• Co-ordinate and conduct pre-shift meetings as well as ongoing staff training, and schedules performance reviews,
• Maintain daily communication for Food, Wine, and Beverage details as they relate to service – this includes inventory stock and orders and negotiating with food and beverage suppliers,
• Ability to culture a work environment which recognizes and further develops superior work and work ethics,
• Accurately report all costs and create and maintain accurate P&L statements,
• Meet or exceed all budgets, and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Language – English is spoken in the workplace; candidates must have good English communication Skills.
• General Education – Completion of high school is required, completion of post-secondary education in a relevant hospitality program will be considered an asset.
• Work Experience – Must have one – two years relevant supervisory experience; or a combination of relevant education and supervisory experience in a relevant field.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required with strong problem-solving, organizational and management skills.
• Strong computer and office administration skills.
Skills and Abilities:
• Work in a fast-paced environment, willing to work split shifts when required.
• Stand for extended periods of time with some lifting required.
• Manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to train effectively and execute to deliver great guest experiences.
• Email – email@example.com
• Fax – 1-647-723-0432
When applying for this position, please use Reference# ORDRM2!
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of high school is required, completion of post-secondary education in a relevant hospitality program will be considered an asset
Required skills: Must have one – two years relevant supervisory experience; or a combination of relevant education and supervisory experience in a relevant field
Closest intersection: Trans-Canada Hwy & Coronation Avenue