Attention all Bar Managers – Let’s say “Hello” to your next opportunity at OJ’s Duncan!
Website OJ’s Duncan Restaurant Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar
If you are looking for a job that is all about a down-to-earth-vibe, good times, and great food, then we have the job for you. Here at Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar, we are a very hardworking group of people dedicated to serving the best experience four our guests in a bar-next-door kind of place. Where old friends gather, new friends are made, and everyone feels welcome.
Join us and see how being yourself can take your career to exciting new places.
Company Operating Name: OJ’s Duncan Restaurant Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar
Company/Location of Work Address: 361 Trans Canada Hwy, Unit 9, Duncan, BC, V9L 3R5
Title of Position: Bar Manager
Positions Open: Four (4)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent Position – Full-time
• Weekends, mornings, daytime hours, evenings, and nights
• Wage Starting at $21.00 – $23.00/hour for 36-40 hours per week.
Bar Mangers are charge of the main bar area, you will report to the general manager, but you are in charge of overseeing the other bartenders’ performance and schedules. As a Bar Manager you must also be able to perform the same functions as the other bartenders.
Job Description/Main Duties:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensuring optimal performance by being a presence on the floor to support and lead the team to deliver service excellence, manage shift schedule to control labour costs;
• Help to drive revenue and profit through the development and implementation of strategies, practices and promotions while in keeping with the overall concept, by understanding the critical cost of liquor cost;
• Execute and implement all national marketing initiatives, local store marketing programs and dining room/bar promotions;
• Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally;
• Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions;
• Follow policies, procedures and service standards to achieve bar and environment cleanliness;
• Complete understanding of routines in the bar, including prep charts, and all bar prep skills;
• All bartending techniques taught and practiced, lead the bar team by demonstrating excellent product knowledge;
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage as outlined in the Health and Safety program;
• Inventory management and bar organization, ordering and receiving, including invoice tracking – conduct weekly inventories to ensure adequate supply of beverages and supplies;
• Conduct and maintain accurate daily records on beer counts, draft usage, waste, inventory, bar costs and P.O.S;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Language – English is spoken in the workplace; candidates must have good English communication Skills.
• General Education – Completion of high school is required, completion of post-secondary education in a relevant hospitality program will be considered an asset.
• Work Experience – Must have one – two years relevant supervisory experience; or a combination of relevant education and supervisory experience in a relevant field.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required with strong problem-solving, organizational and management skills.
Skills and Abilities:
• Work in a fast-paced environment, willing to work split shifts when required;
• Stand for extended periods of time with some lifting required; and
• Manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
• Email – [email protected]
• Fax – 1-647-723-0432
• When applying for this position, please use Reference# ORDBM4!
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of high school is required, completion of post-secondary education in a relevant hospitality program will be considered an asset
Required skills: Must have one – two years relevant supervisory experience; or a combination of relevant education and supervisory experience in a relevant field
Closest intersection: Trans-Canada Hwy & Coronation Avenue