Food Service Supervisor
- Type: Full Time
- City: Hope, BC
- Wage ($/hr): 18.50
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2023-03-08
- Application Deadline: 2023-09-07
- Job ID: 144900323
- Job Category: Restaurant – Food Service
- Views: 34
- Retrieved on: 2023 March 20 02:34:20 PM EDT
Mary Brown's Chicken (#4052)
Food Service Supervisor
62020 – Food service supervisors
Start date: summer 2023
Employer operating name: Mary Brown’s Chicken (#4052)
Work location/employer business address: 1175 4th Avenue, Hope, BC V0X 1L4
1. Pooled tips
2. One free staff meal per shift plus reasonable snacks
3. Uniform provided and cleaning reimbursed
4. Accommodation search:
o Guidance finding and assessing accommodation
o Transportation to prospective accommodation if required.
5. Extended health plan per plan and insurer that might change from time to time, and typically but not necessarily includes:
a. life insurance
b. dental insurance
c. disability insurance
d. health care
e. paramedic services
f. vision care
g. whether employees are allowed to refuse enrollment in part or all of a plan will be decided by the insurer.
6. Uniform and cleaning reimbursement per Employment Standards Act s.25
7. Free parking
8. Discretionary performance bonus
9. Discretionary cost-of-living raises
10. All statutory holidays, leave days, and other benefits as required under the BC Employment Standards Act.
2. Fast pace
3. Work under pressure
4. Stand for extended periods
1. Supervise fast food outlet staff who cook, package orders, serve orders, take payment, and clean.
2. Schedule staff in all positions below supervisor, manage schedule substitutions if scheduled staff are sick or no-shows.
3. Prepare and order kitchen, food service, and all other restaurant supplies.
4. Find, report to management, and coordinate repairs for restaurant equipment as required.
5. Record and report sale totals and wastage to management.
6. Train staff in all positions and supervise cooking completed orders presentation for take-out and eat-in.
7. Train and supervise staff in food safety, workplace safety, sanitation, franchise license requirements, and all other protections and requirements by law and contract.
8. Assist management, as it directs, in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding staff.
9. Able to tolerate a fast-paced environment and work under pressure.
10. Able to perform the physical aspects of the job: standing, bending, crouching, walking, carrying up to 35 lbs, and other movement as reasonably anticipated in a restaurant.
11. Effectively communicate and resolve conflict with customers and staff.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 12-24 months or more in food service industry
Skills and abilities:
1. Able to carry out above listed duties and tolerate working conditions
3. Team player
5. English of at least Canadian Language Benchmark 6
Contact/how to apply:
To the attention of Mr. Omer Ismail
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reply to this ad
• Mail: Omdur Foods/Mary Brown’s Chicken c/o Pharmasave 15168 Fraser Hwy Surrey BC V3R 3P1.
Required languages: English (Canadian Language Benchmark 6)
Education level: High School diploma
Required skills: 12-24 months or more in the food service industry
Closest intersection: 4th Avenue and Old Hope Princeton Way