Port Elgin Montessori Preschool located at Port Elgin, Ontario (5-281 GODERICH ST, Port Elgin, ON N0H 2C1) is a proud provider of quality early learning and childcare. You became a Cleaner because you love to help others to have clean work spaces. When you work in a Daycare your customers are children and we want you to make their environment safe and neat. If your passion is helping our children to be educated on the tidily classroom; well, you’ve found that employer.
We are currently seeking a full time light duty cleaner to fill in asap on the following terms:
• Maintain a clean and orderly childcare centre including classrooms, bathrooms and kitchen by conducting daily cleaning duties such as vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing
• Ability to follow the COVID-19 Public health Safety Sanitizing protocols
• Other cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls/mirrors/ windows and removing garbage
• Routine maintenance activities such as salting, cleaning snow from the sidewalk
• Complete maintenance and repair logs, complete daily health and safety checks and notify management of any need for repairs
• Build materials, put together shelves, toys and boards as requested
• Steam chairs and carpets once a week
• Attend and participate in health and safety meetings
• Requisition of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
• Comfortable working with various materials such as disinfectants, etc
• job is physically demanding (ability to lift up to 40lbs)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and punctual
• Proactive in matters relating to health and safety
• Strong collaboration skills and team player
• Ability to take initiative
• Strong problem-solving skills
Terms of employment: minimum of 30 hours/week, permanent (will consider part-time workers), full-time, with overtime if needed
Wages: $16.00 per hour
Education required: no requirements
Work experience required: will train
Language required to perform work: English
Job location: daycare premises at Port Elgin, Ontario.
Please send your resume to email@example.com in confidence – thank you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. • Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks.
Required languages: as per listing
Education level: as per listing
Required skills: as per listing
Additional skills / Assets as per listing
Closest intersection: as per listing