Initial Security World Inc. is the integrated solutions security company that offers a complete range of security services and systems located at 102-2491 McCallum Road, Abbotsford, BC V2S 3P8. We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
• Provide administrative support to managers and employees
• Assist in daily office needs and manage company’s general administrative activities
• Answer and direct telephone calls
• Schedule and organize appointments
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
• Open and distribute mail (regular and electronic)
• Write email communication, draft correspondence, memos, letters, faxes and fill out forms
• Develop and maintain a filing system
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures
• Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
• Provide general support to visitors
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
• Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
• Completion of High School
• Completion of a one-year college program in administration
• Good communication skills in English
• Must have excellent proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
• Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment with minimum supervision
Salary and Work Hours:
• $21.63/ hour- 40 hours /week
• Vacation remuneration at 4% of gross salary
Employer is committed to employment equity. This position is open to general public and the following groups: people with disabilities, youths, new immigrants, aboriginal people and older workers.
Please be advised that only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements stated above (eligibility should be clearly stated in a resume) will be considered for this position. We ask job seekers to clearly state whether they are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of any other country (foreign worker) in their resume/cover letter.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required languages: English
Education level: • Completion of High School • Completion of a one-year college program in administration
Required skills: • Must have excellent proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel • Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency • Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment with minimum supervision
Closest intersection: 2491 McCallum Road