Carpenter – NOC 7271
Carpenters perform some or all of the following duties:
– Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
– Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
– Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
– Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
– Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
– Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
– Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
– May prepare cost estimates for clients.
Required languages: English
Education level: Secondary
Required skills: Attention to detail; Blueprint drafting; Problem-solving; Math skills; Physical strength; Manual dexterity.
Closest intersection: Burnett Avenue and Chimney Hill Drive