The Procurement Officer at Destination Electronics Ltd. will perform purchasing agents and officers source and purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, business services and land or access rights for use or for further processing by their establishment.
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: PERMANENT 30-40Hrs Full Time
LANGUAGE OF WORK: ENGLISH
LOCATION: Edmonton, AB
BENEFITS: Health Care Plan & Dental Plan
The duties of the Procurement Officer at Destination Electronics Ltd. will include but are not limited to:
• Procurement agents and officers
• Evaluate risk, assess, prepare forecasts, scenarios and other factors concerning the supply market, and write reports and recommendations.
• Provides research and input into the financial sourcing aspects of contracts and calls for tender when information is not readily available.
• Identify high impact cost reduction opportunities.
• Leverage the organization’s buying power to optimize costs, access new suppliers, reduce lead times, and guarantee supply.
• Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential buyers and suppliers to the organization.
• Respond to customer service inquiries and clarify requirements and provide information as needed.
• Purchase general and specialized equipment and materials, business services or access rights for use or for further processing by their establishment related to office electronics
• Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased.
• Invite tenders, consult with suppliers, and review quotations.
• Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards.
• Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems.
• A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration, IT, commerce, or economics, operations management, logistics or field of study related to our services.
• 1-2 years of previous work experience as a purchasing clerk, supply chain, or related experience to our services.
Required languages: English
Education level: • A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, IT, commerce, or economics, operations management, logistics or field of study related to our services.
Required skills: • 1-2 years of previous work experience as a purchasing clerk, supply chain, or related experience to our services.
Closest intersection: Edmonton, AB