CRW Sewing Corp – Hiring Production Supervisors!
- Type: Full Time
- City: Scarborough
- Wage ($/hr): $20.14/Hour
- Employer Type: Business
- Published on: 2022-12-01
- Application Deadline: 2023-06-02
- Job ID: 134641222
- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Views: 25
- Retrieved on: 2023 May 29 01:55:30 AM EDT
CRW Sewing Corp.
Company Operating Name: CRW Sewing Corp.
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Business Address: 5250 Finch Avenue East, Unit 10, Scarborough, Ontario M1S 5A4
Position Title: Production Supervisor
Available Positions: Two (2)
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent Position – Full-Time
• Early Mornings, Mornings, Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours
• Wage: $20.14/Hour for 40 Hours per week
Quality is the highest priority of CRW Sewing. Our customers trust our ability to deliver a high-quality finished garment that meets all their finishing requirements.
As CRW Sewing continues to grow, this position may change, and responsibilities will be revised in writing and discussed with the employee should this occur.
CRW Sewing is a knit garment manufacturer working with customer to sew garments in Canada. We pride ourselves on high quality production that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all areas of production and reports directly to the Director of Operations. The Production Supervisor will manage the scheduling of staff and contractors, reporting on efficiencies and productivity, assist with hiring and team management as well as ensure quality meets our customers’ expectations. This position will ensure that the Sewing Assistant and Supervisors are involved and up to date on all production timelines.
The responsibilities outlined below, may at times change as business need changes.
OBJECTIVES (Job Description / Main Duties)
1. Work with the Sewing Supervisor to increase sewing productivity to keep a production output of at least 5,000 garments per month
2. Decrease the number of garment errors/damages to less than 3% per production order
3. Review production garments during all stages of production and address any errors and/or challenges before moving onto the next step of production – working to have less than 1% of production with errors
• Manage garments in production based on cutting schedule and delivery timelines
• Understand how all sewing machines operate – including the ability to adjust for fabric in production
• Liaise with the Sewing Supervisor, Contractors, and Suppliers
• Provide customer updates for timing, changes, challenges, and delivery changes
• Provide production updates informing the Director of Operations of any shortages in sewing areas
• Ensure the completed sewing production matches the approved samples
• Assist and train sewing staff how to complete the sewing operations
• Work with the Director of Operations to ensure enough accurate staffing in each department
• Manage all sewing/machine operator staff to ensure timelines are met
• Identify any staff sewing challenges prior to finishing / shipping
• Ensure sewers have the material and tools needed to complete the sewing operation
• Sewing machines are set up for the production
• Manage the sample sewing to ensure samples are completed for the Development Team on time
• Provide sewing recommendations to ensure the smooth transition of samples into production
• Provide feedback on alternative ways to complete production that meets both timelines and high quality of work
• Identify production challenges or changes and adjust scheduling as needed
• Strong skill in prioritizing, organizing, time management and procedure development
• Ability to diagnose technology issues with digital pattern plotter and sewing machines/equipment
• Know how to operate and adjust manual binding cutter and 10” fabric cutting knife
• Ability to confidently operate various knit type sewing machines – specifically Coverstitch, 5-Thread Serge, Single Needle and Binding Attach Machine
• Computer skills, MS Office, specifically strong working knowledge of Excel, reporting and graphs
• Project management skills – able to manage multiple garment production with competing priorities
• Respectful and supportive to others and comfortable working in an environment where language barriers may result in slower and/or alternative methods of communication
• Resourceful and focused on finding solutions to inefficiencies that may be impacting production
Education – Completion of Secondary (High) School
This position is Supervisory Role and requires a minimum of the following:
• Two (2) years practical work experience in a knit sewing factory
• One (1) year minimum working with Excel Spreadsheets – specifically tables and graphs
Language – Must have good English communication skills
Work Site Environment – Dusty and Noisy
Email: [email protected]
When applying for this position, please use Reference # CPSS2
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of Secondary (High) School
Required skills: Two (2) years practical work experience in a knit sewing factory and One (1) year minimum working with Excel Spreadsheets – specifically tables and graphs
Closest intersection: Finch Avenue East & Tiffield Road