Meat Cutter (NOC 6331)
Cargill is hiring for full time skilled Meat Cutters to work in our beef processing facility located in Guelph, Ontario. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
165 Dunlop Dr.
ON N1L 1P4
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is at time and a half.
Meat processing and packing plant
Wage Range is $18.80 – $27.00/hour as per the collective agreement
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (3+ years of experience) is $20.50/hour
Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $18.80/hour
As per the collective agreement. Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits will commence after three months of employment.
• Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
• Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts
of meats using knives;
• Cutting, trimming and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications;
• Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety
requirement as well as safe food handling practices.
• Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards;
• Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
• Training for entry level employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
• Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
• High School education
• 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value )
• Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
• Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
• Commitment to safety and quality processes
• Attention to detail and work well with others
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
• Reliability/ Dependability
• Basic English communication skills
• Able to work in fast paced environment
• Must pass a Company Medical Examination
• Must pass a Criminal Background Check
• Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• Performing repetitive tasks
• Fast paced environment
• Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
• Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
• Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-
Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly by following the link below. All interested candidate must apply online in order to be considered.
OR for more information please contact
Cargill Ltd. Dunlop Beef Facility, Human Resources Department
165 Dunlop Drive
Guelph ON N1L 1P4
Tel: 519-823-5200 ext. 211 E-mail: Guelph_hiring@cargill.com Website: www.cargill.ca
Required languages: English
Education level: Highschool Diploma
Required skills: 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required, experience in detailed meat cutting, previous experience in meat processing and packing environment with manual cutting utensils and bandsaws.
Additional skills / Assets Attention to detail, work well with others, excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills.
Closest intersection: Watson Parkway/Dunlop Drive