Labourer (NOC 95601)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
This is a full-time position located in Guelph, Ontario. Please note you may receive calls from a 204 area code if you are considered for the position
Note: This position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill is hiring for full time Labourer to work in our meat processing and packing plant located in Guelph, Ontario. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
Wage Range is $21.05 – $26.50/hour as per the collective agreement.
As per the collective agreement. Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits will commence after three months of employment.
40.00 Hours / Week
Day Shift 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M
Afternoon Shift 3:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M
Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is at time and a half.
• Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment.
• Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks.
• Feed and unload food and associated products processing machines.
• Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers.
• Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers.
• Clean work areas and equipment.
• Check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
• Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
• Picking, sorting, labeling, bagging, packing, weighing and boxing finished product
• Lifting from 20lbs. up to 60lbs.
• Working with raw meat particularly but not limited to Beef, Pork and Chicken.
• Damp and Cold work environment (0-4 Celsius).
• Performing repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
• Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
• Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-
• 1 to less than 7 months experience.
• Previous experience in food processing and packing environment is preferable.
• Cargill specific on-the-job training is provided for selected candidates.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time.
• Commitment to safety and food quality processes.
• Attention to detail and work well with others.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills.
• Reliability/ Dependability.
• Basic English communication skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must meet all preemployment requirements.
• Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Apply online: https://jobs.cargill.com/job/Guelph-Labourer-Meat-Packing-Plant-Onta-N1L-1P4/748219202/
Required languages: English
Education level: N/A
Required skills: N/A
Closest intersection: Dunlop Drive / Watson Parkway South