User Support Technician
A&L Canada Laboratories Inc.
Location: 2136 Jetstream Rd, London, ON N5V 3P5
Permanent employment, Full-time, 40 hours/week
Job Vacancy: 1
A&L Canada Laboratories is an innovative, research driven technology company focused on sustainable development. We serve a wife range of industries including Agriculture, Environmental, Food & Pharma – Globally!
The company operates two world class analytical laboratories serving clients throughout Canada, the U.S. and Internationally.
We are actively looking for an experienced User Support Technician to join our IT team. The ideal candidate has college or university degree in computer science, computer programming or education in a related field and 2+ years of experience in the IT industry.
***Only apply if you see yourself as a strong fit for this position with long-term goals. Inexperienced candidates will not be considered***
Summary of Position:
As a user support technician, you will join our team of technicians and be responsible for service assurance, performance, provisioning, and support of internal and external customer infrastructures.
– Provide support for internal and external customers by conducting a full analysis of issues raised by the customer
– Acts as a support resource for other operational teams
– Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to all client requests
– Work on projects in collaboration with other team members
– Participate in the redesign of applications
– Organize and keep record of problems and solutions for other technicians
– Provide ongoing training to staff and clients to ensure they understand how to use our system
– Determine and document any problems experienced by users
– Handle concerns directed to the help desk and track tickets
– Provide front-line tech support such as installing software, creating, and disabling users, setting up hardware, setting up video/audio teleconferences, etc.
– Develop and conduct basic training programs on how to use hardware and applications; draft user manuals and/or document process and procedures
– Fast-paced environment
– Work under pressure
– Tight deadlines
– Repetitive tasks
– Attention to detail
– 2+ years of experience in IT industry
– Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Computer science, computer technology, information technology or other related field
– Excellent communication skills
– Dental & Health care
– Disability Insurance
– Life insurance
Required languages: English
Education level: Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Computer science, computer technology, information technology or other related field
Required skills: Please review the job descriptions
Closest intersection: 2136 Jetstream Rd, London, ON, N5V 3P5