Systems Specialist, Business – Computer Systems
Work Hours: 35 to 40 hours per week
Job Vacancy: 1
At Advertek, we have evolved into a leading, one-stop-shop, commercial printer, and full-service communications provider since our establishment in 1996. From a modest eight employee shop at our inception, we have significantly expanded into a comprehensive FSC -certified printer, serving numerous industries from retail and manufacturing to businesses in the financial and insurance sectors.
We embrace the philosophy of attention to detail and service every step of the way and are proud of our highly skilled and devoted staff who carry out this process.
Our staff renews this promise to our clients every day. We are also committed to being a responsible corporate citizen, nationally, and a good neighbour, locally. From our early beginnings, we have been mindful of our impact on the environment and engage in eco-friendly, sustainable practices, on a daily basis.
Now, we are looking for a Systems Specialist to join our team. Key competencies for this role include business and systems analysis, project and relationship management, customer support and service, creative problem solving, organization & planning, communication, and teamwork
• Review existing IT systems and internal processes.
• Provide both business and systems analysis, as well as technical support, configuration, and administration.
• Confer with internal and external stakeholders to identify and document requirements.
• Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, and service delivery.
• Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software, and hardware.
• Develop policies, procedures, and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle
• Conduct reviews to assess quality assurance practices.
• Execute initiatives supporting workflow automation and progress continuous improvement opportunities.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development, and maintenance of internet and intranet sites to manage an organization’s internet presence.
• Work with minimal supervision
• University degree or college diploma in computer sciences, business administration or related field.
• 2 years of relevant prior experience.
• IBM Certification.
• Proven ability to leverage strong leadership competencies in support of providing excellent client service.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities along with demonstrated experience in customer service.
• Experience in project leadership or project management a strong asset
• knowledge of continuous improvement practices
• Proven experience working with complex software platforms.
• Ability to represent the perspective of software development in cross-functional discussions, including managing stakeholder expectations regarding estimates, and negotiating the scope of deliverables.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, organizational, research and analytical skills with proven ability to interact with co-workers, clients, and third-party vendors with tact and diplomacy.
• Must work as part of a team within a busy and dynamic environment, with experience addressing multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines effectively and assessing priority activities that need greater urgency.
• Proven track record of taking initiative and delivering consistent outstanding results on projects and other work assignments.
• Proven ability to quickly learn and develop skills within different technologies.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to provide training and mentoring to junior staff.
• Free parking available
• Team building opportunities
Required languages: English
Education level: University degree or college diploma in computer sciences, business administration or related field
Required skills: IBM Certification, Leadership, Problem solving, Computer Knowledge, Experience with complex software, Understanding of software development, Communication, Research, Team Player, Results driven, Multi Task
Closest intersection: Woodbridge, Ontario, L4H 0T2