The Keg is currently hiring Line Cooks for their Fort McMurray Location!
Website 1179216 Alberta Ltd. o/a The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
People that work at The Keg are known for their personality, drive, and passion! Are you passionate about food and creating outstanding culinary experiences? Are you looking for a place to work with flexible schedules, great discounts, legendary staff events and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you!
We hire great people, train them well and provide plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. We’re looking for energetic, team-oriented applicants who take pride in providing outstanding food experience.
Legal Business Name/Operating Name: 1179216 Alberta Ltd. o/a The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
Legal Business Address: 10006 MacDonald Avenue, Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H 1S8
Positing Title: Line Cook
Available Positions: Seven (7)
Start Date: As soon As Possible
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent – Full Time
• Morning, Day, Evening, Night, and Weekend
• Wage – $17.50 – $18.00/hour for 30-40 hours per week
Line Cooks Job Duties/Accountabilities:
• Setting up, cleaning, and closing your station, setting up ovens, fryers, and other equipment while adhering to proper food handling practices and maintaining sanitation standards.
• Adhere to recipes and follow Keg standards to ensure consistency and quality.
• Prepare appetizers and other menu items both quickly and accurately.
• Ensure organization and cleanliness of your station.
• Handling all accompaniments and preparing plates adhering to proper plate presentation while following Keg Standards.
• Preparing plates, sides and other plate components while accurately timing with other kitchen staff
• Plating menu items both quickly and accurately.
• Follow and practice safe food handling while maintaining the cleanliness of your station, preventing cross-contamination, and following The Keg’s ‘Allergy Aware’ procedure.
• Practicing a high level of communication with both peers and management.
• Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude always.
• Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the company dress code.
• Use kitchen equipment and tools safely, by following the provided direction/training.
• Clean agreed designated areas by following checklist procedures, opening, or closing routines, and hygiene requirements.
• Protect the health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices and reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
• Washing all dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans.
• Organize and stack clean dishes and equipment safely.
• Lead quality control of all plates leaving the kitchen, ensuring all are up to Keg specifications and standards.
• Assist with the final preparation and presentation of dishes.
• Proactively attend to guest concerns in a professional manner, and when needed act as a relief to run food out to guests.
• Following all Keg specific preparation and cooking standards (doneness chart) to ensure the ‘perfect plate’ is delivered to our guest, ensuring each meal is prepared in accordance with the guests’ preference.
• Seasoning, cooking, and cutting of meats, poultry, seafood, dish, vegetables, and other food items.
• Conducting and logging temperature checks of products, always ensuring all ingredients are to Keg standards
• Prepare all sauces, dressings, and other food ingredients ahead of schedule, adhering to correct recipes, portioning, cutting, mixing, labelling and all Keg food preparation instructions.
• Follow par levels to reduce food waste, control good costs, and assist in managing inventory.
• Manage the proper receiving of all deliveries, ensuring temperature checks are completed, items are dated, rotated, and stored correctly.
• Assist other kitchen staff and perform other kitchen duties assigned.
• Prep the necessary fresh ingredients needed for your station upon opening and throughout your shift.
• Prepare salads, desserts, and other menu items.
• Monitor and work with multiple kitchen tools and equipment at the same time, including ovens, steamers, burners and heat wells.
Skills / Requirements:
• Education – Secondary (high) School or equivalent experience,
• Work experience – 2 years to less than 3 years of experience as a Cook or a combination of experience and relevant education,
• Positive communication and the ability to demonstrate positive qualities in a highly stressful team environment.
• Work Site Environment – Fast pace, high pressure, physically and mentally demanding.
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 647-723-0432
When applying please use Reference# TKFMC7!
Required languages: English
Education level: Secondary (high) School or equivalent experience
Required skills: 2 years to less than 3 years of experience as a Cook or a combination of experience and relevant education
Closest intersection: MacDonald Ave & Main St